Friday, October 18, 2013

In Which Darth Maul is Upstaged by a Green Pig

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  doing dishes.  It's not my favorite job anyway, but on top of that it's starting to wear me out.  But then, everything is starting to wear me out.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . making paper strip pumpkin art with Daniel.  We attached his to his preschool calendar, and I think I'll give mine to one of the women I visit teach.

. . . cooking and eating stove-top kettle corn with the kids.  They like it so much that they even nibbled the tiny bits that were left at the bottom of the bowl.  It always makes me happy to cook something other people enjoy.

And another thing . . .

. . . Joy has been telling me for weeks that she wants to be Darth Maul for Halloween.  Today she announced that she wants to be one of the green pigs from Angry Birds instead.  I think the pig would be a lot easier (I wasn't looking forward to doing DM's complex face paint for the Trunk-or-Treat, Joy's school parade, and any other activity she goes to), but before I make any definite plans I think I'll wait a few days to see if the new idea sticks.

No comments: