Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bland Stir Fry and a Cool Train

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . I tried a new stir fry recipe today, and alas, the sweet and sour sauce was neither sweet nor sour. When I commented that dinner seemed very bland, Phillip furrowed his brow and said it tasted really strong to him. I thought my pregnant taste buds had betrayed me until we figured out that he was talking about the garlic slices he'd bitten into. When I asked about the sauce he agreed that it had very little flavor. In other words, dinner was still disappointing, but at least I'm not as taste-impaired as I thought.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . watching Joy grin as we played the counting game again.

. . . reviewing the elaborate train setup Phillip and Joy put together after dinner. There are definite advantages to having an engineer for a daddy.

And another thing . . .

. . . what side dish can one serve with stir fry? We're always still hungry after we eat one, and I feel stir fries need a side to make them more filling, but what to use? Fried rice is tasty, but it seems redundant since the stir fry is already served with rice. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Siobhan said...

Hmm...an interesting question. Mikey and I discussed it and we both kind of settled on some type of simple soup, like an egg flower or a miso. Then of course, there is always the less healthy route--egg rolls or gau gee. :)