Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Family Reunion, Of Sorts

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . attending Phillip's grandma's funeral. It might seem odd to call that a favorite experience, but I really appreciated the chance to learn about a relative I never had a chance to know (she had Alzheimer's during most of our marriage), and to get to know the extended Hendrickson family better.

. . . spending so much one-on-one time with my sweetheart today. Many thanks to our friends who tended our kids while we were attending all the family events.

. . . watching Uncle Mark wink at Aunt Connie and whisper that he loves her.

. . . finally meeting Cousin Risa. Until today, we only really knew each other through blogs. When she choked up leading the closing hymn, it made me cry, too.

. . . meeting Great-Aunt Janine, who I had never even heard of before today. She is intelligent, well-read, and wonderfully friendly. If she was in my ward I think I'd sit by her every chance I got.

No comments: