Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Game Day

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . playing a perpetual hugging game with Daniel. He would run and give me a hug, then just as I loosened my hold I would pull him back and hug him again as he giggled. I would repeat that a few times, then finally release him completely. He would take a few steps back, then charge forward for another hug and begin the cycle over again. I loved that my laughing little boy wanted so many hugs from me.

. . . watching Joy smile as we played "Guess the Number"--a game she and Pink Grandma made up. We took turns choosing a number between 1 and 100, and the other person would guess what it was. After each guess, the Chooser would say "higher" or "lower" until the Guesser guessed the right number and became the Chooser for the next round. Sometimes Joy was determined to give me hints, whether I wanted them or not. :)

. . . playing Trouble with Joy. The box says it's for ages 5 and up, but Joy came from behind to beat me the first time, and utterly demolished me the second time. We had fun cheering each other on.

. . . dancing to Celtic music. I was in the mood to exercise a little (four minutes, to be precise; I have the endurance of a sloth these days), and Loreena McKennitt was on iTunes, so away I went. And no, Cathy, it wasn't "The Snake Charmer Dance," but that would have been fun, too.

And another thing . . .

. . . When Phillip goes to the grocery store, I can almost guarantee he will bring home some snack that was not on his shopping list. Today he outdid himself, walking in the door with three big bags of chips, four Payday bars, a bag of mini Snicker bars for me, and a bag of licorice for the kids. Oh yeah, and the bacon he originally went for. The practical side of me cringes at the idea of spending so much of our limited funds on junk food, but on the other hand, I appreciate his desire to get some fun treats for his family. And hey--you’ve got to live a little now and then.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

What song was it then? Pray tell.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

You know, as I sat to compose this post that night, I found I couldn't remember which song it was. I think it was "Kellswater" from her CD Elemental, but I'm not sure. All I recall for certain was that as I danced, I thought, "Too bad this isn't the Snake Charmer Song."