Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cravings and a Dance Party

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy inviting me to a dance party in my room. Her imaginary DJ was apparently a fan of Primary songs, because Joy told me we were dancing to "The Wise Man Built His House Upon A Rock." The party also included snacks: imaginary oranges, bananas, strawberries, and hamburgers. I ordered a hamburger with strawberries on the side, but Joy told me if I ordered that, they'd put the strawberries on my burger. I told them to hold the strawberries. Daniel joined us a little later, and it was fun to watch the sibs dance together.

. . . hearing Daniel giggle as I read him a fun book.

. . . watching my kids play at the park.

And another thing . . .

. . . there aren't many foods that sound good to me at this stage of pregnancy, but this time around there's one thing I can't seem to get enough of. It isn't pickles, ice cream, or kung pao chicken . . . it's hamburgers (how did Joy know?). Recently I ate four in one week, and I could really go for one right now. Anyone up for a late-night run to In-N-Out?

10 comments:

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Actually, I'd suddenly like to try a hamburger with strawberries on it. (I had a Hawaii burger today with pineapple--it couldn't be that different, right?) Of course, I'm nowhere near being pregnant. I guess I'm just weird. :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Hey, if we put pineapple on pizza (which I enjoy), why not try it on burgers?

Siobhan said...

Me too! I haven't really wanted anything, even now, but when all else fails, a hamburger works. Did you have cravings the last two times?

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

The first time with Joy, I didn't crave one thing consistently. Rather, one thing sounded palatable at any given time, and every other food on the planet sounded disgusting. And it changed every half hour or so, so there was no point in taking a lunch because whatever I took sounded terrible by the time noon rolled around.

With Daniel, I didn't have any particular likes or aversions (which led Phillip to guess I was carrying a boy), but things did taste a little weird.

This time around, not a lot sounds great, but the aversions aren't as strong or mercurial, and hamburgers consistently sound good (actually, meat in general sounds good). Phillip says I'm probably carrying another boy since burgers strike him as guy food. We'll see in April when we get our next ultrasound.

Siobhan said...

Yeah, how you were with Joy sounds about how I've been this time. Although there have been two instances already where I've really just wanted chili dogs and strawberries. We found these nitrate-free hotdogs from oscar meyer.

I'm glad you posted this...I was beginning to think I had the weirdest pregnancy in the world. Nice to know you're weird too. :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

During that first pregnancy I mentioned my fluctuating food aversions to my cousin (also pregnant with her first), and she immediately dragged me over to her husband to convince him she wasn't crazy.

It is nice to know you're not the only one experiencing pregnancy-related weirdness. :)

SupaFlowaPowa said...

hahaha - I had the same in-n-out craving - only I just wanted the animal style fries (which are actually more expensive just because of the animal style - rip off!). Yummmmmm. I am now at the - anything full of sugar and an empty carb sounds DELICIOUS to me!!!

SupaFlowaPowa said...

p.s. you should go to The Counter to get your burger fix with WHATEVER u want on it - minus the unpasteurized cheese, grrr.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

We may have to try The Counter - it sounds like fun. I'm willing to bet Phillip would order avocado and bacon on his burger.

Siobhan said...

Is The Counter like Counterburger? We have a place called that here where you can essentially build your own burger. It's kind of fun and they have what they call a Hobo Pack of grilled veggies and herbs that's delicious. Of course, I still prefer In and Out burgers... :)