Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chocolate Meringues and Salsa Balloons

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . trying a new cookie recipe that didn't turn out. Actually the cookies were OK, but they weren't what I was expecting. I envisioned something brownie-like, or at least a chocolatey chocolate chip cookie, but they turned out more like chocolate meringues--airy, hollow, and mostly crunchy. At least Daniel liked them.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . hearing my baby's heartbeat at the doctor's office.

. . . reading this oh-so-true statement I randomly found on the internet: "Salsa-filled water balloons are really better in theory, than in practice."

And another thing . . .

. . . It's hard to know whether to classify this year's ward talent show as a favorite or unfavorite. As usual it was a fun and eclectic event, but this time I was trying to wrangle two active kids on my own because Phillip had to work late. Daniel had marginal interest in the refreshments but none in the show, so we spent most of the time wandering the halls looking for light switches while I glanced in the cultural hall door to see and hear what I could. Joy liked watching the show, but after every number or two she would start calling for me to tell me that she wanted to see the video again, or that the Bishop was about to sing, or that someone had stepped on her finger. It was stressful and crazy, but all three of us managed to enjoy the outing in our own way.

No comments: