Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Fix-It Guy Made My Day

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy falling out of her favorite tree. No harm done, but she told me "I'm done climbing that tree until I'm older." Technically, she'll be a day older tomorrow . . .

. . . trying a new brand of canned chili which was so strongly seasoned that I couldn't bear to eat much of it. I have yet to settle on a favorite homemade chili recipe, but even my worst efforts were better than what emerged from that can. [shudder]

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . our apartment fix-it guy telling us our old oven/stove has so many issues that he's just going to get us a new one. With an actual window in the door. Woo-hoo! You know, I really do look forward to someday owning a home with a yard, where our monthly payment goes to our own equity rather than someone else's bank account, but I must admit I'll miss having an apartment manager with the skills and funds to fix anything that breaks.

. . . hearing my kids giggle as Daniel dogpiled Joy (with Joy's enthusiastic encouragement).

No comments: