Sunday, January 1, 2012

In N Out

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy letting her brother win when they played a game this morning.

. . . cuddling Anna.

And another thing . . .

. . . as I shopped for a wedding gift at Bed Bath & Beyond today, I couldn't help feeling that I was in a toy store for grown-ups. I could browse in there all day.

. . . we went to a wedding reception this evening, and the music was so loud you could hear it from the parking lot. Joy wouldn't even go into the noisy room, so I put our present on the gift table and congratulated the family, then we headed to In-N-Out for dinner. As I thought of the carefree young bride dancing with her husband and their friends, I wondered if she'll be in my shoes in six years--arriving at parties late and leaving early because her social life is constrained by naptimes and the wants and needs of children. It wasn't a bitter thought, just a curious one.

No comments: