Monday, January 16, 2012

Sick and Scruffy

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . feeling sick to my stomach all day. I am so grateful that Phillip was here to help with the kids today.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . delivering my talk. I think it went well.

. . . taking a very long nap this afternoon.

And another thing . . .

. . . yesterday I went for a little stroll around the neighborhood with Anna in the sling. I amused myself by making up names for the “styles” of landscaping in people’s yards. Some examples included Adequate (just lawn and a hedge), Wee Orchard (citrus trees and lawn, few or no flowers), Scruffy (a pleasant hodgepodge of plants, some of which have gone to seed or need to be pruned), Minimalist (a nice arrangement of one or two kinds of low-maintenance plants), and Water Wise (drought hardy plants such as rosemary, lavender, and aloe). I suspect that my own future yard will be a combination of Wee Orchard and either Minimalist or Scruffy.

No comments: