Thursday, January 19, 2012

Green Cards

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . waking up on the wrong side of the bed. It's frustrating when I know I'm being a miserable grouch who no one wants to be around (including me), but I just can seem to drag myself out of the grumpy, self-centered rut. Fortunately prayer always helps, but it's rarely an instant cure.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . cuddling Anna.

. . . eating Nutella on leftover pancakes.

. . . playing Uno with Joy.

And another thing . . .

. . . during one of our Uno rounds, Joy played a wild card then said we should put down green cards. The next time it was her turn, she drew a card because she didn't have any green in her hand. I asked why she'd chosen a color that she didn't have, and she explained that she had a blue card and a yellow card, and blue and yellow make green.

No comments: