Friday, January 27, 2012

Tylenol and Cake

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . feeling drained again by the end of the day. I let my fever do its own thing until the thermometer read 103.3, then I took some Tylenol. Huzzah for Tylenol.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . talking with a neighbor outside in the cool, late afternoon while our kids played happily.

. . . Daniel helping Joy by handing her the crayons she needed.

And another thing . . .

. . . it's hard to know whether to classify this morning's parent-teacher conference as a good memory or a not-so-good one . I enjoyed hearing how Joy is doing in class, but it's also unsettling to recognize my own weaknesses in the things she struggles with. I guess we'll all work on them together.

. . . it's also hard to know how to classify making microwave chocolate cake with Joy. It was a fun experiment, but the cake wasn't that great. I took a few bites, then decided an apple sounded much better. Joy agreed, and set aside the rest of her cake to eat apple slices with me. That's my girl.

No comments: