Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Visit, Insomnia, and Olfactory Functionality

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  my cough getting exponentially worse every time I recline, no matter what time it is.  Simple, sound sleep, how do I miss thee!

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . discovering that my nose can smell once more.  They're not all good smells, mind you, but it's still nice to have that sense operational again.

. . . visiting teachers coming over this afternoon.  I could only "talk" to them by typing on the computer, but it was still very nice to have them visit.

. . . Joy writing me two sweet notes and hanging them in my room.

And another thing . . .

. . . I know some people think we're crazy to be having any children (let alone four) while my husband is still in grad school, and I won't deny that funds and floor space are kind of limited at times, but I am very grateful for Phillip's flexible student schedule when illness or first-trimester weariness hits me like a bus.

No comments: