Friday, May 10, 2013

Sea Lavender and No More Queens

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  putting $25 worth of effort into mending a $12 pair of toddler shoes.  Frugality is a virtue, but in this case I may have taken it a little too far.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . finding out the name of a unique, purple flower I see here and there in the neighborhood.  It's called sea lavender.

. . . seeing butterfly iris blooms hovering beneath shady trees.  They look like dainty, white fairies.

. . . playing Simon Says with Daniel.  I think he likes getting to boss me around for once.  My favorite Simonic mandate was "Simon says hide from Simon!"

. . . finding a promising recipe for quinoa patties.  Dang, Pinterest makes me hungry.

. . . Daddy taking the kids to the park for a few hours so I could take care of some nagging tasks.

. . . turning on my favorite tunes while I cooked dinner.  Sing to me, Keith.  Your guitarist is awesome.

. . . making rice in my pressure cooker for the first time.  It's super easy, and it comes out a little sticky so it's easy to eat with chopsticks.

. . . tickling Anna.

. . . hearing Phillip give Joy lots of pointers as they played chess tonight.  In the end the program informed them that their game was a "draw by insufficient mating material."  My first thought was that it meant all the queens had been eliminated (which they had), but Phillip clarified that the only pieces left on the board were incapable of checkmating each other.  Oh, duh.

2 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

That is really so funny. It sounds like the reason more LDS women aren't married!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Cuz' we all have crushes on Keith?

Just kidding. :)