Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fragrant Rosemary and Grocery Store Hoodlums

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  taking my three energetic children to the grocery store.  You'd think I'd know better by now.  I do fine with Anna and either of the big kids, but when all of them are along for the trip it is always a stressful, draining experience because Joy and Daniel get each other worked up and I spend a solid hour nagging and scolding whilst simultaneously trying to discern which cheese, apples, etc., are the most prudent purchases on a student budget. The kicker is that during the school year this maddening chaos is totally avoidable if I plan my days sensibly.  I think during summer vacation I will just shop at night.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . hearing raindrops fall outside as I lay in my warm bed this morning.

. . . thrilling the kids by driving through some big puddles on the way to school.

. . . seeing some friends who've been out of town for a week.  We missed them while they were away.

. . . smelling a hedge of damp rosemary as we were out for a walk after the rain.

. . . chatting with an old friend.  Old in the sense that I've known her more than half my life, and that she's only two months younger than I am. ;)

. . . eating sorbet at Menchie's (Joy's pick for our family home evening activity).

No comments: