Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Iranian Chicken Soup


Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . waking up around 6am feeling refreshed and rested for the first time in a while.  Then I switched positions and began coughing my lungs out for the next half hour.  Siiiiiigh (coughcoughcough!).

. . . Phillip taking the kids outside to play this evening so I could rest.

And another thing . . .

. . . my Iranian neighbor heard I was sick and offered to make me some chicken soup with turnips.  I accepted with gratitude, and a little trepidation.  Sometimes I find food from other cultures to be a welcome revelation, and other times I come away thinking, "Wow--I guess that's an acquired taste."  In this case the soup was tasty and comforting.  In fact, it was better than the chicken soup I made over the weekend.

No comments: