Saturday, June 18, 2011

French Dip and a Stroll

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . my pregnant body complaining about walking a mere few blocks today. Who knows what shape I'll be in (aside from round) a couple months from now?

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . meeting Phillip at Union Station for an early Father's Day date. We tried out French dipped sandwiches at the original Philippe, an LA restaurant icon which has been open since 1908. Everything was good (and the mustard is indeed spicy). We then took a short stroll through Chinatown and a nearby park, then took the train home together. It was fun to try something different and just enjoy hanging out together.

And another thing . . .

. . . Joy always asks me to tell stories in the car, and though sometimes it's a little hard to think of one, I try to be accommodating. Plus, I know if I'm telling a story she won't pester her brother. She often requests "movie stories" (which basically means an anecdote from the handful of animated films she likes), and lately she's specifically asked for stories about Randall, the mean purple monster in Monsters, Inc. Today I asked why she always asks for stories about him, and she simply replied "I like purple monsters." I suspect he also has a certain bad-boy appeal for her, which I hope will not carry over into Joy's choice of dates a decade or so from now.

No comments: