Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Welcome Nap and Lonesome Dill

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . spending an hour cooking a nicer-than-usual dinner, only to learn that my poor husband felt too sick to eat it. Of course the kids weren't interested, either (Joy tried one bite of the chicken and spit it out). Sigh.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . finally getting some antibiotics into Daniel.

. . . watching my kids play happily at the park with their daddy.

. . . taking a nap.

And another thing . . .

. . . tonight's dinner drove home two culinary points for me. First, I really am not a fan of dill. Second, I should stop cooking recipes from the 101 Cookbooks blog. I love her vivid photos and her passion for good food, but whenever I cook one of her recipes I'm just not thrilled with it. Obviously many other people are, since every post gets well over 100 exuberant comments, but palates vary widely across the human race, and hers apparently does not jive with mine.

No comments: