Thursday, June 23, 2011

Groceries for a Hungry Bird

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy pretending that she's a carnivorous bird. It's a little unsettling. She ate my right arm this morning, which has complicated typing considerably, but I shall carry on somehow.

. . . trying to plan dinners for the next few days, and drawing a total blank on recipes that won't heat up our apartment. I had hoped to create a grocery list in time to go shopping before lunch, but as noon approached I realized there was no way that would happen. It reminded me of college days when I had a paper due in ten hours, and I still had at least fifteen hours of typing to do on it.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Phillip telling me about how his research is progressing. He and his advisor are really excited about his progress.

. . . having a cool smoothie on a warm day.

2 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Big salads. Chicken salad with canned chicken from costco. Those are a couple of favorites.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Funny you should mention it - last night's dinner was a chicken salad with Costco canned chicken. Yummy and cool.

I haven't yet found a good salad recipe that is hearty enough to call a meal, but then I haven't experimented much. Any suggestions?