Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Spoon and a Sweet Jar

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . stepping in something icky.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Daniel's thumb actually looking better, at long last.

. . . hugging my sweetheart.

. . . Daniel finally holding a spoon right side up, so the food ended up in his mouth not down his shirt. Talk about a red-letter-day in Momville.

And another thing . . .

. . . I bought some colorful little pom poms at the craft store, and at home evening tonight announced that we're going to start a family Sweet Jar. Every time we see someone in the family do something sweet (like share or help out), we comment about what they did and add a pom pom to the jar. Once the jar is full, we'll go somewhere sweet--Menchie's! Joy is so taken with the idea (and the ultimate reward) that she noticed a half dozen sweet things in the next twenty minutes. It's kind of nice to have the little things I do appreciated, even if there is an ulterior motive.

. . . I recently mentioned to Joy that I haven't learned to park our new car very well (it's a little wider than our last one, and I'm still getting a feel for where it starts and ends). This afternoon she noted that I still haven't figured out how to park it right, and she suggested I pray for help learning how. I decided that certainly couldn't hurt, and I wanted to reinforce my daughter's faith, so tonight when we prayed as a family I made sure to pray for help learning how to park. I'm sure I'll receive it.

No comments: