Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tired But Ready To Jam

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . my kids waking up an hour early this morning (Joy's coughing woke Daniel, and soon everyone else was awake, too). Every time I tried to motivate myself to do something constructive, my body would interrupt and say, "Excuse me--please remind me--why am I awake this early? Who authorized that? I want to talk to their manager."

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . Phillip holding down the fort after he was up and dressed so I could nap a little before he headed to campus. I was still tired when it was time for him to go, but at least I was functional.

. . . Joy being willing to help me out with something, even though she was busy coloring when I asked.

. . . making strawberry freezer jam with my mom and sister.

And another thing . . .

. . . hints that I'm entering the third trimester of this pregnancy:

1) I have less energy.
2) When I see myself in the mirror, I think, "Wow - that's a big tummy."
3) People no longer hesitate to ask if I'm expecting.
4) Bathroom breaks are becoming more frequent, and urgent.
5) I get kicked a lot from the inside.
6) It's getting harder to bend over.
7) I'm starting to waddle.

No comments: