Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sing Your Way Home

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . poor Daniel getting his hand closed in a front door again. At least there was no serious damage this time.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . watching my kids play hide and seek with Papa, Uncle Sean, Aunt Heather, and Aunt Stephanie. My favorite parts were when Daniel stood next to Papa as he counted, and when Sean hid behind Joy's chair when it was her turn to count (she didn't even see him when she left to start looking for everyone).

. . . singing with Joy to pass the time as we drove home.

. . . Joy sitting on my lap as we had family prayer tonight. Our family prayers aren't always peaceful and reverent, but the ones that are are sweet experiences.

And another thing . . .

. . . it's funny - some people can't get over how small my pregnant tummy is, and others can't resist commenting on how big it is getting.

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

I had the same reaction about tummy size. I thought it was odd and when I commented on it to my doctor, I told him that when people tell me I'm small I get bump envy. Turns out, the little alien is just riding in a Cadillac and doesn't need as much outward room. :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yeah - I carry low, too.

I seem to remember my OB saying that some women's hip regions are shaped like martini glasses, and others like beer steins. I'm apparently of the beer stein variety - both previous deliveries have been pretty quick and easy. Here's hoping the trend continues.