Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rain and Dynamite

This weekend . . .

. . . my not-so-favorite moments included . . .


. . . realizing that the day I had finally set aside for some serious gardening was also about the only day this month it was supposed to rain. Sigh.

. . . my favorite moments included . . .

. . . hugging my kids.

. . . smooching my husband.

. . . sleeping in on Saturday morning while Phillip watched the kids. Ah . . . sleep . . .

. . . my brother giddily emailing photos of his new Prius. It's fun to see someone you love get excited about something, even if it's just a car.

. . . watching Napolean Dynamite with Phillip and some friends. It was the first time Phillip had seen it, and though he dismisses it as silly fluff, he also laughed a lot and quoted it at least ten times the next day.

. . . reading the first few charming pages of next month's book group book. I would have read far more of it, but when I heard Phillip finish washing dishes it broke the spell, and I realized that I'd better get ready for bed or I'd stay up all night and be utterly useless the next morning.

No comments: