Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ten Cents and Tons of Wheat

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . making a really good and easy dinner in the solar oven. It was corned beef and veggies, of all things.

. . . sitting on the couch talking with my sweetie.

. . . finding an interesting preparedness blog with lots of info about sprouting. I've been wanting to learn more about that (yes, I'm a geek). Maybe I'll start out sprouting wheat in a mason jar.

And another thing . . .

. . . speaking of wheat, I hauled nearly my own weight in wheat in from the car today. The local home storage center sells 25-pound bags of wheat and flour at incredible prices, and since we use lots of both making bread these days I decided to stock up.

. . . Joy was supposed to share ten things at preschool today (they are doing a number unit, and today they were learning about the number 10). This morning we brainstormed things she might take (ten baby spoons, ten blocks, etc), and half as a joke I suggested she take a dime because it’s ten cents. Joy liked that idea, so we got a dime from her coin purse and headed off to school. I talked to her teacher after class, and she said at first everyone was confused because Joy brought just one item, but when she explained that it was ten cents it all became clear.

No comments: