Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Piano and a Useful Rock


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy adopting her "oh, you quaint simpleton" voice when I used a magic rock "wrong" as we were playing make-believe.  The thing didn't exactly come with instructions.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . cuddling Anna.

. . . making funny faces with Joy.

. . . visiting a lovely older couple who invited Phillip to come play their piano.

. . . hugging my sweetie.

And another thing . . .

. . . this morning Joy told me I was a queen, then she tried to sell me a semi-semi-precious rock she got on a recent trip.  I told her I'd rather spend my taxpayers' dollars fixing roads than buying fancy rocks I don't need (I know--I'm way too practical).  She replied that this was a magic rock that builds and fixes roads, and for one pretend dollar I could use it for a month.  I told her that sounded like a good investment, and I took her up on it.

No comments: