Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Defiance and a Back Rub


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . trying to help Joy learn to swim.  I was so tense and clueless that we both just got very frustrated very quickly.  I can't imagine what it will be like teaching her to drive.

. . . Daniel flatly telling me "no" when I asked him to put a puzzle away.  I find that the biggest challenge of parenting is figuring out how discipline in a respectful, constructive way.  Sometimes I do a fabulous job, and other times I colossally mess up.  I handled this particular interchange decently, but it left a bitter taste in my mouth the rest of the afternoon.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . a big Anna smile when I really needed one.

. . . Phillip giving me a back rub this evening.  After I spent hour after hour give, give, giving today, it felt lovely to just relax and receive something that felt so good.

No comments: