Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Vanilla-Scented Courtesy and Drawing Six

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . accidentally knocking a bottle of vanilla extract out of the cupboard, and having it spill all over the counter and my clothes.  The good news is that my kitchen and I smelled delicious for the rest of the day.  And yes, I wore those same pants all day--you couldn't really see the vanilla, it smelled nice, and I had many more pressing things to do than change my outfit.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . hearing Daniel say, "Fank you," ("Thank you") when I handed him something.  Later when I said "Fank you" to him he replied, "You're luhcome."  I love it when my little man is polite.

. . . playing Uno with Daniel.  Slapping down a "Draw 2" card is often a more dramatic event than winning, especially since I made up the rule that you can counterattack with another Draw 2 (if you have one), and make your attacker draw four cards.  Heaven help you if he has yet another Draw 2, though, because you may find yourself drawing six cards instead of the original two.  While that may not be the standard way to play, I think it makes the game more interesting.

. . . having friends over to dinner.  Huzzah for good food and good conversation.

No comments: