Friday, July 6, 2012

Basil and the Organic Rant


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . reading another blogger's rant about her struggle to feed her family nourishing, organic food on a very tight budget.  While I am not quite as strapped for funds as she is, I relate to a lot of her concerns.  We're both stay-home moms trying to feed our families healthy and minimally processed food, making lots of things from scratch, and feeling frustrated and a little guilty that we can't afford to feed them as much organic food as we want to.  Humane, organic meat, in particular, is a lovely idea but it's so expensive that I just can't bring myself to buy it.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . snuggling Anna.

. . . seeing a volunteer basil plant flourishing in the glazed pot I inherited from a former neighbor.  That's also the only pot in which I've successfully grown lettuce (i.e. the plants didn't bolt in the first two weeks).  Perhaps the glazed finish has something to do it.

. . . making strawberry lemonade to drink with dinner.

No comments: