Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Hustle and a Hint

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . cooking a flavorful, filling dinner.

. . . looking out the window and seeing Phillip and Joy hurrying back from an outing to arrive home when they said they would.  From the smiles on their faces, you could tell that the hustle was part of the fun.

. . . starting A Cricket in Times Square with Joy.

And another thing . . .

. . . Daniel asked me to play a game of electronic chess with him this afternoon.  I was doing pretty well (winning, but taking it easy on him) until he discovered the Hint button.  The electronic Hint giver's skills are about as far ahead of mine as my skills are ahead of my four-year-old's and the computer didn't take it easy on me.  The only thing that saved my king was that Daniel accidentally brushed the New Game button, whereupon I announced that it was time for me to go start on dinner. It really was, I swear.

No comments: