Monday, July 29, 2013

Remembering and Flour Tower

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  awaking to find my aged cell phone dead and unwilling to charge.  This means I'm staring down the barrel of one of my absolute least favorite activities in life: shopping for a new cell phone.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . reading STM's recent post on remembering.  It reminded me to pause and remember the tender mercies and sublime moments I've been blessed with through the years.  It's so easy to forget them in the busyness of life.

. . . visiting with my Big Family, and playing Flour Tower with them.  Of course, I would have enjoyed the game somewhat less if I'd made the tower crumble and had to fish the coin out with my teeth.  Joy had a somewhat different take on the situation: she intentionally knocked the tower right over on her turn so she could retrieve the coin.

. . . reflecting on a recent Ensign article on personal prayer.  When I remember to slow down and really commune with my Father, it is such a peaceful, inspiring experience.  You'd think it would be easier to keep up a habit I love so much.

And another thing . . .

. . . I just finished writing family blog posts for March, and I've set a goal to get that blog up to date before Baby arrives around Halloween.  Of course, as soon as Baby Dear is born I'll fall right behind again, but at least I won't feel quite so overwhelmed about catching up.

No comments: