Saturday, July 20, 2013

Kids and Test Kitchen Wishes

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  Anna learning the word "No," and making liberal use of it.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . the big kids laughing and playing together.

And another thing . . .

. . . most of the time I enjoy cooking.  Occasionally I'm not in the mood for it, and on the other hand, sometimes I get a little obsessed with it.  Lately I find myself swinging toward the latter extreme, hunting for recipes and tips on making panini, strawberry ice cream, margherita pizza, stove top popcorn, and so on.  Sometimes I wish I worked in a test kitchen, where I could just spend all day cooking variations of recipes, then feed the results to a panel willing accomplices and get their feedback.  I suppose my family would be willing to give me lots of input on the ice cream, but I lack the resources to make ten batches in a day.  Popcorn's cheap, though. :)

No comments: