Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Prelude to Vacuuming

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  pregnant hormones tweaking my emotions.  I love having babies to cuddle, and I'm excited to meet the newest member of our family, but I don't love being pregnant.  Every stage messes with you in one way or another.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . doing a lot of cleaning as a family.  Working together and getting things done just feels good.

. . . taking a walk with my family in the cool evening.  Phillip and the kids occasionally raced ahead, then ran back to me or waited for me to join them.  It was a pleasant outing.

And another thing . . .

. . . I don't dislike vacuuming.  It's actually rather cathartic, and hey, it counts as my exercise for the day.  What I detest is the wearisome half hour I always spend moving chairs and clearing things off the floor before I can even turn the vacuum on.  It's the only part of housework I consistently dread.

No comments: