Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Present and a Pioneer

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  losing my cool with Daniel this morning.  Everyone was in a rather testy mood for the rest of the day.  Sometimes it's really scary how much influence a mom can have on her kids.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . preparing a short bio of one of my pioneer ancestors to share as a family home evening lesson tonight.  I still can't believe that went I searched for his name and the word Mormon on Google images, his picture was the first one that came up (all the others were movie stars and random pictures from Church history).  As for the lesson itself, Daniel and Anna quickly lost interest (I should have just told one quick story instead of several), but Joy was attentive through the whole thing.  It was cool to share our ancestor's faith in the prophets and reverence for the temple with my daughter.

. . . a friend bringing me an early birthday present this evening.

No comments: