Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fresh Ginger and Diaper Cream

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  spending a bunch of time at the computer on a hot afternoon.  I was doing (mostly) constructive things, but I felt blah by the end of them.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . joking around with Daniel.

. . . taking Anna on a one-on-one trip to Trader Joe's while Phillip was home with the big kids.  She gave me a big, long hug before I put her in her seat to come home.  Awwwww.

. . . Phillip arriving home with an enormous bouquet of flowers, just because.  It was his way of saying "I love you THIS much!!"  Gracias, mi amor. :)

And another thing . . .

. . in the last month or so, Anna has gone from being my least picky eater to my most picky one.  She favors carbs and cheese, but won't eat most fruits or any veggies.  Fortunately, she'll still happily drink just about any smoothie I offer her, so I've taken to making a lot of green smoothies (spinach + fruit, often with some yogurt or milk thrown in) to share with her.   It's fun to experiment, and the resulting smoothies do both of us good.

. . . this evening I noticed that my hand smelled of fresh ginger and diaper cream.  That pretty well sums up my life these days: kids and cooking.  If Mormonism had a distinctive aroma, I would probably smell like that, too.

No comments: