Friday, July 12, 2013

Cookies, Computers, and a Stinky Smoothie

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  producing a smoothie that smelled like a gas station.  I guess my nose considers yogurt, banana, and overripe mango a very potent combination.  Fortunately the smoothie still tasted all right (with some added sugar and a handful of spinach thrown in for good measure), and Anna was happy to share it with me.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . another overcast day.  The clouds even dropped a few half-hearted little raindrops on us.  Since it wasn't super hot, I decided to try a new chocolate chip cookie recipe, and the result was very tasty.

. . . Joy being really excited about her first piano lesson today.  The teacher was impressed that Joy already knew a couple songs and the names of keys.

. . . Daddy and Joy working together to upgrade a component of one of our computers.  Phillip does a good job of letting Joy help him work on things.  Too often when Joy asks to help me I say no because it's so much faster and easier to do things myself.  It's nice to be efficient, but I'm missing opportunities to bond with and teach my daughter.

And another thing . . .

. . . I needed something at the dollar store today, and the big kids each took their collections of coins to see what treasures they could find.  Joy bought a plastic King Pig toy because she's into Angry Birds lately.  Daniel bought some low-fat brown sugar Pop-Tarts.  I'm not sure if he'll eat any of them, and I sure won't (maybe if they were strawberry), but he had at least a dollar's worth of fun swinging the plastic bag around and figuring out how to open the box.

No comments: