Monday, April 16, 2012

Awake But Tired of Typing

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . spending half the home evening lesson with an ice pack against my cheek because Daniel accidentally bopped me with his head while he was horsing around.

Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . happening upon a site about "guerrilla gardening." I could see myself getting into that someday. How fitting that one of the possible approaches is "seed bombing."

. . . reading Alma 5, about a group of people who had lost their way in life, and were converted by a prophet. I love the phrase "they awoke unto God" (v 7). It perfectly describes what it feels like to realize that God isn't just something to talk about in a chapel one day a week, or a stern rule-maker setting restrictions on your life, but rather a loving Father who can illuminate and magnify every day of your life, and help you reach a potential you scarcely dreamt you had.

And another thing . . .

. . . I think Anna is starting to turn a pale shade of orange. It must be all the carrots, peaches, apricots, and squash I'm feeding her. Time for more pears and spinach, Baby Dear.

. . . I've been meaning to print a new edition of my cookbook for a while (the last edition was printed in 2009), and Phillip kindly watched the kids this morning so I could work on that. It always takes longer than I expect, and I ended up spending the afternoon on it, too, while Joy played outside with friends and the littles took extra long naps. You wouldn't think all that sitting, typing, and clicking would wear a person out so much, but somehow it does. And I'm still not done with the last section.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I spent my sixteenth birthday with a black eye because I'd been holding my little brother when someone startled him and he bashed my face with his head.

Said brother is now on his mission. Time passes.