Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gloves, Tomatoes, and Unruly Locks

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . discovering that the garden center only seems to stock gardening gloves in "Munchkin" and "Smurf" sizes. Are my hands abnormally huge, or do glove makers just not have a realistic notion of how large women's hands are?

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . seeing purple blossoms appear on my sage plant.

. . . Anna giggling at Joy's antics.

. . . buying a few veggie plants for the borrowed garden. I'm trying four different varieties of tomatoes; we'll see how they compare.

. . . seeing Daniel's unruly bed head when he got up from his nap. His hair looks perfectly normal when he gets up in the morning, it looks crazy when he gets up from naps.

4 comments:

Siobhan said...

You have the exact opposite problem I do. I've looked for gardening and work gloves only to find that even their smallest sizes are too big. Sigh. Of course, I'm sure that's the case with pants too. Yours too short and mine too long. So much for the joy of ready-to-wear. :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Pants actually aren't much of a problem for me, but long-sleeved shirts can be a pain. I've had countless shirts shrink in the wash, leaving me with sleeves that stop several inches short of my wrist. Life's so tough, isn't it?

Is the petite section an option for you?

Siobhan said...

I do sometimes shop in the petite section, but apparently designers have determined that petite equates with stick and there often aren't sizes for short people who also happen to be larger and curvier. It just means that I buy a few quality things and make friends with the tailor. I have no eye for fashion anyway... :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Me neither. Actually, I find that the look I go for is "normal" (or at least my subjective notion of it). I don't want to look rich or poor, fancy or sloppy. I want to look good, but not so good that when people see me, the first thought in their mind is "Wow, she has awesome clothes." I'd rather have them think "She looks like a nice, approachable person; maybe I would enjoy talking with her."