Monday, April 2, 2012

Love Family, Hate Cleaning

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . cleaning our snake's tank. Bleh.

. . . starting to clean a mountain of dishes.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . finishing that mountain of dishes.

. . . seeing Joy smile when I told her, "I love you."

. . . Phillip giving me a hug.

And another thing . . .

. . . Daniel has learned the word "Why?" and he says it all. the. time. Joy continually bombards me with questions, too. It can be exhausting, but I know in ten years I'll wish she was asking more questions about the whatever's weighing on her teenage mind.

. . . this evening I asked my family what had made them happy today. After everyone had answered, I realized that we had all shared something that involved another member of our family--Phillip and Daniel going to the store together, Daniel and Joy playing in the courtyard, etc. We have our share of squabbles, but it warms my heart to know that our favorite memories of the day were made together.

No comments: