Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Eggs and a Shipwreck

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . looking at photos of the wrecked Titanic in my parents' National Geographic. I don't believe in ghosts (at least not the Halloweenish horror flick variety), but those photos still creep me out for some reason.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . my parents hosting a belated Easter egg hunt for the big kids. A good time was had by all, both old and young

. . . the simple joys of being with my family.

And another thing . . .

. . . I have mixed feelings about the baby stage of parenting. On the one hand, babies really complicate things with their frequent meals and naps, and the limit on how long I can be gone before they need to nurse again. On the other hand, they bring such sweet joy to life. The moments I spend cuddling Anna and making her smile are some of the most genuinely happy times of my day. Part of me can’t wait to get all my kids to the toddler stage and beyond so we can get out and about more, but another part of me wishes I could have a little baby to snuggle every day for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I agree. Baby snuggling is great, and baby smiles are something to treasure. But I do long for them to grow up--it's so amazing to have their personhood revealed in greater completeness as they learn to do more. Do you think Father in Heaven feels that way about us?

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I imagine He does. I wonder what we'll be like when we grow up.