Friday, April 13, 2012

Bread Tears and a Flying Jacket

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . the "M" key being really stiff on my keyboard. It's never been the same since Daniel dumped water on it last week.

. . . Daniel having a meltdown this afternoon because Joy chose the piece of bread he happened to want. I told him he could go to his room until he was done crying, but five minutes later he was still wailing. I went in and asked if he'd rather eat bread or cry some more. Without hesitation, he replied, "Want cwy some more." Thirty minutes later he was still going strong, and only the suggestion that we watch a video finally pulled him out of his crying rut. I really must remember not to let him take a late nap--he's always extra fussy afterward.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . Anna kicking her feet in excitement when I came into the room.

. . . watching The Steadfast Tin Soldier from Fantasia 2000. We all like that one, and Daniel asks me to tell the story of it when we're in the car. His other favorite is the "No Capes" conversation from The Incredibles. I think he likes the way I do E's voice, and the fact that I get so into her lines.

. . . finally getting my pantry reorganized. Gotta make room for the baby food.

. . . Joy tossing her jacket in the air to make Anna laugh.

. . . Daddy giving Joy pointers about how to play chess.

No comments: