Sunday, April 8, 2012

Stuck in Park

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . my car refusing to shift out of park. Thank goodness it waited to break until we were outside our building, instead of back at the grocery store. That would have been a long walk home.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . escaping the Trader Joe's parking lot with our groceries and our lives. That place is a zoo on any afternoon, but the day before a holiday it was a madhouse.

. . . neighbors offering to loan us their car so we can visit family tomorrow. Bless them.

And another thing . . .

. . . I've noticed that, while Daniel asks me "Why?" at least one hundred times a day, about virtually any request I make of him, he feels no compulsion to answer that question when it's directed at him. I'm not sure if he even grasps what that word means; perhaps he just uses it as a delay tactic to make me keep talking instead of making him do what I ask him to do.

No comments: