Monday, April 2, 2012

Fog and Conference

This weekend's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . driving down a mountain in very thick fog. I was going to be driving on my own (Phillip had a conference at school yesterday), and I debated whether we should just stay at the cabin for the night. When I prayed about it, though, I felt a peaceful assurance that we would get to Pink Grandma's house safe and sound. There were a couple dicey moments when we couldn't even see the lines on the road, but I stopped and prayed for help, and my prayers were answered.

This weekend's favorite moments included . . .


. . . hearing the inspiring words of a prophet and apostles.

. . . being with family.

. . . eating lots of treats.

. . . Anna staring up with wonder at tree branches moving in the breeze.

. . . Daniel hollering "Amen!" from another room when a talk ended. We hadn't realized that he was listening.

. . . hearing a couple talks that really speak to challenges our little family is facing right now. After the session Phillip and I went for a walk and agreed to study them in more depth this week and discuss how to apply them.

. . . hearing a speaker relate that when President Monson's daughter comes to visit, he always says, "Look who's here! And aren't we glad! And isn't she beautiful!" That sounds so like him. It must warm her heart so to be greeted with such enthusiasm and love. I want to be a parent like that.

No comments: