Thursday, April 11, 2013

Musical Dishes and a Fairy Fail


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . . Joy getting out of bed this morning and coming directly to me to ask why the Tooth Fairy hadn't come last night.  MOM FAIL!!!!!  While Joy was at school, I slipped $2 under her pillow with a very apologetic note from the Tooth Fairy saying she was so excited about Joy's tooth that she plum forgot to leave the money. 

. . .  my kids all managing to get filthy at the park even though we went to one with bark chips instead of sand.  Oh well--if they're dirty they must have had a good time.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . touring a pet store with Daniel's preschool group.  It would have been even more fun if Anna had been more interested in the cute bunnies and lizards, and less keen on trying to eat the plastic pebbles a few aisles over.

. . . Joy showing me the colorful watercolor picture she painted this afternoon.

. . . Phillip agreeing to wash half the mountain of dishes in our kitchen (because the idea of washing all of them made me want to weep).

. . . singing as I washed my half of the dishes, and noticing that Phillip was grinning at me.  I asked what he was smiling about, and he said he loves that I sing while I work.  I'm so glad--it always bugged my brothers and they would ask me to stop.

No comments: