Friday, April 19, 2013

Star Trek, Bland Bread, and Tummy Kisses


Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . Anna snorting when she laughed really hard.

. . . Daniel tenderly patting my tummy, and Joy giving it kisses.

. . . remembering that I had randomly noticed a key in the bushes when Phillip inquired where our mail key was tonight.  That's the last time we let Joy check the mail unsupervised.

. . . baking apple crisp with my sweetheart.

. . . finally finishing the bread I woefully undersalted so I can make a new loaf tomorrow morning.  The scatterbrain side effect of pregnancy has played havoc with my bread lately.  Wish me luck tomorrow.

. . . watching the new Star Trek film (the one released in 2009).  I've seen few of the previous films and fewer still of the old TV episodes, but I'm familiar enough with the characters that it was fun to be re-introduced to them.  I thought the movie was exciting and nuanced, and I look forward to the next one.  I particularly like Uhura.  And who'd have thought Winona Ryder could be Spock's mother??

And another thing . . .

. . . Joy continues to tell every acquaintance and store clerk that I'm pregnant.  I feel a little awkward, especially after struggling to keep it a secret for so long (we wanted to wait for the ultrasound and tell the kids before we broadcast the news), but I'm pleased that she's so excited about it.

No comments: