Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sourdough and Chopsticks


Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  Daniel suddenly moving his head while I was cutting his hair.  One of his side burns is now an inch shorter than the other.  As if that weren't enough fun I noticed that several big hair clumps had disappeared from the tarp below, then I discovered that Anna had scattered them a dozen different places around the front room.  I hereby decree that future haircuts shall occur during Princess Anna's royal naptime.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . swinging with the kids at the playground.  It was lovely to swing in the spring sunshine with Anna on my lap and Daniel in the swing next to me.

. . . painting my toenails for the first time this year, since sandal weather has definitely arrived.

. . . eating dinner with chopsticks.  I guess the novelty makes it fun for me.

And another thing . . .

. . . perhaps you recall the forgotten bread dough of a few days ago?  It rose and baked fine the next morning, but the result was wheat sourdough, which I'm not a huge fan of.  None of us cared for it by itself, but it made for a decent ham sandwich and was delicious slathered with Nutella or strawberry jam.

No comments: