Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring Blooms and Monster Bread


Today's favorite moments included . . .

. . . talking a walk with the kids.

. . . admiring all the spring flowers in bloom.

And another thing . . .

. . . I made a list of all the things I needed to do after the kids went to bed tonight (e.g. fold clothes, vacuum cereal bits off our floor, exercise, shower, etc.).  It was a long, rather overwhelming list.  And then I set to work getting Daniel ready for bed, which is like driving down the freeway with one foot (mine) on the gas and another (his) on the brake.  After I finally got him and Joy off to bed I decided I ought to have a little fun and de-stress.

So I sat down to read STM's blog.  And an old mission friend's.  And NieNie's.  And then I stayed up past midnight reading the Voice of Reason.

After I finally retrieved my brain from the blogosphere, I glanced down at my now irrelevant list and noticed the word "bread."  As in the rising bread dough I was supposed to shape into loaves and bake three hours ago.  Which was now rising all out of control and bent on world domination.  There was no point in trying to bake it at this hour, so I punched it down and stashed it in the fridge to revisit tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be salvageable.  Sigh.

No comments: