Monday, August 5, 2013

Eclectic Homes and How Not to Be Reverent

Today's not-so-favorite moments included . . .

. . .  my firstborn making a long, loud, weird noise just as I was about to bear my testimony at the end of my Primary lesson.  Of course, her brother thought it was hilarious and started making the same noise.

Today's favorite moments included . . .


. . . seeing the the eclectic mix of homes in our area as our family went for a walk.  We strolled past a home with trees bearing pears, figs, and a variety of citrus in various stages of ripeness.  A few doors down we saw a quaint cottage that looked like it belonged in an enchanted forest.  Next door was a yellow house with a hedge that I would expect to see in Suburbanville, Ohio.  I guess the endless variety is particularly striking to me because I grew up in neighborhoods of cookie cutter tract homes.

. . . stopping in to visit some friends on our way home.

No comments: