Thursday, May 29, 2008

Family, A Park, and Ice Cream

Today was a lovely day. I planted potatoes and some lettuce seeds in my little garden, I had a pleasant chat with one of my neighbors, and for dinner we had a low-key picnic at the park. We bought deli sandwiches and ate them at a picnic table while Joy toddled here and there, occasionally rejoining us for bites of Daddy’s Chicken Bacon Ranch sandwich. Phillip and I tossed our Frisbee a while, then headed to Rite Aid to for some ice cream—Phillip got two scoops of black cherry and I savored a scoop of Rainbow Sherbet. Joy seemed baffled by the chilliness of these unfamiliar substances we offered her, but she kept coming back for more. I can't blame her.

1 comment:

Jodi Jean said...

ooooh ... ice cream. aidan loves the stuff (pure fiet/hendrickson through and through ... i'm pretty sure it's running through our veins). he was offered some at a VERY young age (like 5.5 months i think) and hasn't stopped eating it since.

the picnic sounds lovely ... we might have to venture to eat our dinner outside sometime! although aidan and i do lunch at the park quite often.