Saturday, May 17, 2008

Put Your Shoulders To The Wheel

The Proclamation on the Family states that work is one of the principles successful families are based on.  I always assumed that meant helping your kids (and yourselves) develop a good work ethic, but I found it to be true in another sense today as I helped Phillip load some boxes into his mom's rafters.  Something about working and sweating together lifted our spirits and drew us closer.

I reflected that at home he and I tend to each have our own chores which we work on separately, and we don't usually enjoy them much.  On the other hand, I actually like drying the dishes as Phillip washes them.  Somehow I connect with him better when we're working side by side.  Perhaps I'll start drying every night rather than just hanging out and talking to him while he and the dish drainer have all the fun.

1 comment:

Serena said...

It's so true. Alex is so much fun to work with on projects around the house and outside projects. If only I could get him to do chores with me. I might have to wait till the next decade.Lol.