Friday, May 23, 2008

It's Sure Fun To Be Positive

Yesterday's principle of "casting a positive spell' over yourself has really stuck with me, and I found myself trying it many times today. The day had its ups and downs (as most do), and whenever the tough stuff started getting me down I would turn to Joy and say, "I can't wait to get home and have some nummy fruit, " or "It sure will be fun to become better friends with our neighbor Marie" (who has started coming to me for gardening advice, for better or for worse). If Joy wasn't around to hear my little pep talks I'd just talk to myself, because crazy is better than grouchy, right? :)

Joking aside, it really was amazing how these little (and sometimes borderline cheesy) statements would improve my outlook on life. I will definitely continue this experiment another few days, if not indefinitely.

No comments: