Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tiny Harvest, But A Harvest Nonetheless

I've already harvested a few little things from my current container gardens. There's something rather satisfying in eating something you've grown yourself, even if it's just a tiny part of your meal.

I planted the lettuce seeds way WAY too thickly in their little planter, so I thinned some of the sprouts today and had them on my turkey sandwich. Of course, it's much easier to just grow sprouts in a jar so you don't have to rinse them, but there was something rather relaxing about letting my mind wander a little as I worked in my little garden. "Lettuce-thinning meditation"--that's what it was.


Speaking of small harvests, I also added some fresh basil to a pizza the other day, and I think it added a lot to the flavor. Must post that recipe soon . . .

6 comments:

Kerri said...

That looks delicious! You will need to come over to check on our little garden soon. Don't leave it in my hands alone!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I'd say you've been taking good care of it. The celery and green onions look great.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Basil tomato pizza on whole wheat crust is my favorite. Our lettuce too is over-abundant.

Jodi Jean said...

mmmmm sounds good. anything with fresh basil is always good!!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

STM, I have a whole wheat crust that's begging to be used. Maybe I'll give your version a try.

Serena said...

YOu should open your own herb restaurant. LoL.